Standard Visitor Visa

A person who is not from the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland may wish to apply for a Standard Visitor Visa as a tourist, on business, for leisure e.g. visiting family, to get married or for a special reason such as receiving private medical treatment. This visa is generally granted for up to six months, however, in certain circumstances you may be able to stay in the UK for longer, for example, when visiting for private medical treatment this could be extended to 11 months. If you need to visit the UK regularly over a longer period, you can apply for a long-term Standard Visitor visa that lasts 2, 5 or 10 years. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit. There are not many rights attached to this visa, such as no option to bring family members with you during your visit

This has become a generic application for a variety of visa types therefore eligibility requirements will differ depending on what you intend to do in the UK. Generally, you must have adequate funds to support yourself during your visit and the ability to finance your return. We recommend you speak to an immigration expert to seek advice on your application and options. Call us on 020 7887 1916 or alternatively complete the online contact form.

We will assist you with all aspects of your application, advising on options, collecting documentation and evidence and ensuring sufficient evidence is being submitted with your application. Your application will be supported with a Letter of Representation that we will include, highlighting relevant UK law and the merits of your application. We will work with you to maiximise your chances of a successful outcome.

UK Immigration rules are complex and challenging which is why we work to our client's best interest and understand what is at stake.

Fill out the form and one of our immigration experts will be in touch.


Can I bring dependents with me on a Short-Term Study Visa?
What are the eligibility requirements for a Standard Visitor Visa?
How do I apply for a Standard Visitor Visa?
Am I eligible for a Family Visit Visa?
Am I eligible for a Business Visitor Visa?
Am I eligible for a Prospective Entrepreneur Visa?
Am I eligible for a Special Visitors Visa?
Am I eligible for a Child Visitor Visa?
How can I extend my Standard Visit Visa?
I am here as a visitor, can I apply to stay here with my spouse/partner?
What service does Alexandra & Spencer offer?

Get a free consultation call from immigration specialist

Our highly professional, dedicated and knowledgeable specialists will do all the hard work to make the immigration process easy and understandable so you will be confident about successful outcome.