Sponsorship License Application


As a business that wishes to employ skilled workers from outside the EU, you must first apply for a Sponsor Licence. Once you have successfully obtained a Sponsor Licence you are then able to offer a job to non-EEA nationals before they can apply to come to or switch into the Tier 2 or Tier 5 visa category. You will require a Sponsor Licence even if it is top employ workers for unpaid or charity work.

 Requirements of a Sponsor Licence

In order to qualify for a Sponsor Licence, you will need to demonstrate that:

·     You are a genuine business operating lawfully within the UK

·     You can prove a skilled worker from outside the EEA or Switzerland is needed for the position

·     You have a legitimate business or organisation and that you have a genuine need for the migrant worker(s) you intend to employ. The Home Office may validate this by visiting your company during your application.

·     You can offer genuine employment that meets the Tier 2 skill level and appropriate rate of pay for the job(s) you are offering

·     You are capable of carrying out your sponsorship duties

The exact requirements and documents you will require in support of your application will very depending on the type of organisation you are and the tiers under which you wish to sponsor the migrant worker.

UKVI will assess how effective your current human resources and recruitment systems are in order to make sure that you are able to fulfil your sponsor duties.

There are also increasing costs associated with obtaining a sponsor licence and it is important for the organisation to understand what costs are payable as part of your application.

UK Immigration rules are complex and challenging which is why we work to our client's best interest and understand what is at stake.

Fill out the form and one of our immigration experts will be in touch.


What is the Sponsor Licence application fee?
What is a Sponsor Licence number?
Do I need a Sponsor Licence?
Which visas do I need a Licence to sponsor?
What happens if my Sponsor Licence application is successful?
Why was my Sponsor Licence application refused?
What services does Alexandra & Spencer offer?

Get a free consultation call from immigration specialist

Our highly professional, dedicated and knowledgeable specialists will do all the hard work to make the immigration process easy and understandable so you will be confident about successful outcome.